The Civil Society and Indigenous Peoples’ Mechanism (CSM) for relations with the UN Committee on World Food Security (CFS), has been closely observing the United Nations Food Systems Summit (UNFSS) preparation since July 2019 and has expressed its concerns about its course on multiple occasions at the CFS and through different publicly accessible communications. Below are a number of documents describing CSM’s concerns, and on a distinct section further below, key official CFS communications.
CSM Documents and Communications
- February 2021: CSM letter to the CFS Chair
- November 2020: CSM Key points on the Food Systems Summit at CFS Advisory Group and Bureau meeting
- October 2020: Open call to join forces to challenge the UNFSS
- March 2020: Letter signed by more than 500 organisations sent to the UN Secretary General
- March 2020: Press release alongside the letter sent to the UN Secretary General
CFS Official Communications