The Committee on World Food Security (CFS) commissioned an independent evaluation of the effectiveness of the CFS reforms that were initiated in 2009.
In October 2013 at its Fortieth Session, the Committee endorsed the recommendation to conduct periodic assessments of CFS effectiveness in improving policy frameworks, especially at country level, and in promoting participation of and coherence among stakeholders on food security and nutrition. At the same session, the Committee decided that an evaluation of the progress of the reforms should be conducted including progress made towards the overall objective of the CFS and its three outcomes.
The purpose of the evaluation as set out in the Concept Note endorsed by the Bureau of the CFS is to:
- Produce evidence regarding whether CFS, as a multi stakeholder forum, is achieving the vision outlined in the Reform Documents and its expected outcomes;
- Assess the extent to which CFS is performing its roles outlined in the Reform Document, efficiently and effectively, and if so, with what impact;
- Review the working arrangements, including the multi-year programme of work of CFS in order to assess how the decision-making processes and planning may be impacting effectiveness;
- Propose forward-looking recommendations to enable CFS to respond effectively to the emerging food security and nutrition challenges, to further strengthen it comparative advantages and to enhance its leadership role in improving global food security and nutrition; and
- Generate learning regarding multi-stakeholder collaboration, to which the CFS represents a possible model to be replicated.
Presentation of the CFS Evaluation Report to CFS members and participants
First draft of the CFS Evaluation Report Submission of the first draft of the CFS Evaluation Report Read more
Submission of the final version of the CFS Evaluation Report Submission of the final version of the CFS Evaluation Report Read more
First draft of the CFS Evaluation ReportSubmission of the first draft of the CFS Evaluation Report
Submission of the final version of the CFS Evaluation ReportSubmission of the final version of the CFS Evaluation Report
29 November 2016
Workshop on CFS Evaluation Preliminary Findings
Read CSM Working Paper “CFS at a crossroads: 7 years after the Reform” – CSM Draft Reflection paper on the Status of Health of the CFS in 2016
The CFS evaluation team will do as well country visits in the months of October and November 2016:
- Trinidad and Tobago (cancelled)