CSM WG on monitoring
Call to send inputs for the elaboration of an independent CSO report on the use and application of VGGT as input to the global thematic session during CFS 43
- The CSM WG on monitoring is preparing the elaboration of an independent CSO report on the use and application of VGGT as input to the global thematic session during CFS 43 .
- All CSO are invited to submit their inputs into this process.
- To facilitate the gathering of inputs and the consolidation of the report, the CSM WG on monitoring has developed the following simple draft questionnaire to help preparing reports:
- How have VGGT been used at a national, sub-national or regional level? Please describe your own activities as CSOs and the activities that you are aware of having been undertaken by governments, international agencies/donors and the private sector.
- What impacts have your CSOs activities had? What impacts have the activities undertaken by other actors had?
- In the past four years, what have been the main developments with regard to governance of tenure in your country? Have there been tenure conflicts? If yes, please describe them and give concrete examples. Which role have VGGT played in solving these conflicts?
- In the past four years has your government undergone tenure reform or other reforms with impacts on tenure? Which role have VGGT played ?
- Have the groups most affected by landlessness, displacement, other forms of livelihoods loss and tenure insecurity been involved in tenure reforms and other legal/policy reforms with impacts on tenure in the last four years?
- Have VGGT helped women to claim and exercise their tenure rights? In which ways?
- Have you experienced cases of harassment, persecution or detention due to your activities in defence of your tenure rights in the last four years? Are the groups most affected by landlessness, displacement and other forms of livelihoods loss and tenure insecurity free to organize to defend their tenure rights?
- What are the main challenges ahead in terms of improving governance of tenure in your country? Can VGGT play a role to overcome them?
- What mechanisms exist in your country to monitor governance of tenure?
- Please send your inputs to email@example.com
- A team appointed by the CSM WG on monitoring will prepare a synthesis of all the inputs and reports received. This team will have the methodological support of recognized experts in the fields of tenure and monitoring with the aim to ensure the methodological soundness of the report.
|Prepare CSM independent monitoring report on TG|
|Send out the call to all CSM members and interested CSOs to contribute with reports||March 2016|
|Deadline to submit reports to synthesis team||May 1|
|First draft of synthesis report to be submitted to review of the CSM WG monitoring and CC||Mid-June|
|Final synthesis report||September|
|Engage in joint preparations of the event for CFS 43||April – October|