Background information and upcoming calendar of meetings
From September to November 2021 the CFS held six regional consultations, with the aim to gather inputs, comments, and suggestions on how to best align the Guidelines on Gender equality and Women and Girls’ Empowerment with regional/national priorities and needs. The outcomes of the CFS regional consultations and the outcomes of the CFS Global electronic consultation on the zero draft of the Guidelines fed the preparation of the First Draft of the CFS Guidelines. The Guidelines are expected to be adopted during the next CFS 50 Plenary Session, in October 2022.
CSM actively engaged in both processes! Find here the CSM contributions.
First Draft of the Guidelines (January 2022)
The First Draft of the CFS Voluntary Guidelines for Gender Equality and Women’s and Girls’ Empowerment in the context of food security and nutrition is now available in all official languages: AR|EN|ES|FR|RU|ZH
CFS members and participants are expected to submit written inputs on this first draft by 18 February 2022. The first CFS OEWG meeting aimed at gathering feedback and comments on the first draft is scheduled for 21 February 2022.
Draft for negotiations (March 2022)
Calendar of the Gender process
- 18 February | Deadline to submit written inputs on the zero draft of the Guidelines
- 21 February | CFS Open-Ended Working Group meeting (all day)
- 21 April | CFS Open-Ended Working Group Meeting (half day)
- 4-5-6 May | Negotiations on the Gender Guidelines (all day)
- 27-28-29 June | Negotiations on the Gender Guidelines (all day)
- 30 June | Negotiations on the Gender Guidelines (half day)
- 1 July | Negotiations on the Gender Guidelines (all day)
- First week of August | Possible additional days of negotiations on the Gender Guidelines to be confirmed
- 10 – 13 October | Adoption of the guidelines at CFS 50 Plenary Session