CSM Forum 7-8 October 2017
Each year the CSM holds its Annual Forum prior to the CFS Plenary Session and it is open to all interested civil society participants of the CSM. This two-days forum is a fundamental moment and space for the CSM. At the Forum, CSOs are able to debate, consolidate, articulate and finalise their positions that will be shared and brought to the CFS Plenary Session. Prior to the Annual Forum the CSM Coordination Committee (CC) holds its annual meeting. The Forum is as well a space for accountability, where CC members report to all participating CSOs about their work, performance and activities. Finally the CSM forum is the space to assess the past processes, to consolidate the common positions for the present and to identify the key challenges and steps forward for the future.
If you want to receive the CSM Forum agenda and background documents via email, please write to: email@example.com
|Draft Agenda CSM Forum|
7-8 October 2017
Red Room, FAO HQs
|Saturday 7 October 2017|
|08:00 – 09:00||Registration|
|09:00 – 10:30||Opening|
Political analysis of CFS and overview of Key debates in 2017
Report from the Forestry Negotiations
|10:30 – 11:00||Break|
|11:00 – 13:00||Discussion for political strategies of civil society at CFS and beyond. |
Short inputs and initial debate on:
· criminalization of social movements and shrinking space for civil society: strategies to address the causes;
· the struggle for women’s rights and gender equality;
· comprehensive policy responses to situations of famine, food crises and their root causes;
· the struggle for agroecology: the paths ahead
· strategies to fight violations of the right to food and nutrition and to promote human rights based monitoring and accountability;
|13:00 – 14:30||Lunch break|
|14:30 – 16:15||Parallel Working Groups (to finalize contributions to CFS 44, nominate spokespersons, discuss advocacy strategy for CFS 44 and strategies beyond):|
· Sustainable Forestry
· SDG and global food security situation, famines and food crises
· Urbanization and Rural Transformation
|16:15 – 16:45||Break|
|16:45 – 18:30||Parallel Working Groups (to finalize contributions to CFS 44, nominate spokespersons, discuss advocacy strategy for CFS 44 and strategies beyond):|
· Critical and Emerging Issues/MYPoW
· Women’s empowerment
· Plan of Action to CFS evaluation/ GSF
|Sunday 8 October 2017|
|09:00 – 10:30||Presentation of results from Working Groups: main positions, spokespersons, strategies|
|10:30 – 11:00||Break|
|11:00 – 12:30||CSM internal reporting, accountability and planning exercise 2017/2018 |
· Presentation and discussion of the CC report for 2016/2017
· Presentation and discussion on key elements for the CSM Workplan 2018
|12:30 – 14:00||Lunch Break|
|14:00 – 16:00||What do we expect from the CFS in the next 5 years? |
Internal discussion on civil society visions, priorities and strategies in relation to the CFS
WORKING GROUPS SESSIONS
|16:00 – 16:30||Break|
|16:30||This last session of the Forum is public|
|16:30 – 18:00||Public Panel Debate on:|
“The struggles for human rights and the right to food and nutrition – What role for the CFS?”
· Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food Hilal Elver (to be confirmed)
· CSM Speakers
|18:00 – 18:30||Closing of the meeting and last indications for the next days|
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!!
Send an email to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line CSM FORUM with the following details:
2. Last name
4. Contact details
6. Which days are you planning to attend the Forum?
7. Are you planning to attend the CFS 44 Plenary Session?
8. Constituency or sub-region
You will need to register to the CFS 44 even if you are planning to attend only the CSM FORUM.
Register to the CFS 44 Plenary Session following the instructions you find below. You will need to register to the CFS 44 even if you are planning to attend only the CSM FORUM.
Go to this link and follow the steps below:
If you encounter any technical problem please write an email to Luka Vukadinovic -OPCP Office: Luka.Vukadinovic@fao.org
If you have an account
Click sign in and enter your username and password to submit your individual expression of interest as usual.
Please check the list of participants from your organization and select if this is the case. For the time being, you will still have to upload an ID picture and a passport copy again.
If you don’t have an account
1. Please click on register to create an account.
2. Make sure you remember both username and password chosen.
3. When you input the information and click “Save”, you will be redirected to the log-in page.
4. Once you log-in, you will automatically go to the individual form in order to submit your registration. Valid ID picture and passport copies are requested (please read below the requirements).
5. If you have problems or cannot submit the individual expression of interest, you can always come back to this page, and sign in with your username and password to submit the individual expression of interest.
6. You will receive a final confirmation that you have successfully registered for the desired event within the indicated dates (please read above).
Photo ID requirements
• Plain white background.
• Full face frontal view with open eyes.
• No shadows on the face or in the background.
• Recent. Maximum 6 months old.
• Size: 24 mm (width) x 32 mm (height) or 195 pixels (width) x 255 pixels (height).
• Accepted formats: gif, jpg, jpeg
• Weight: Maximum 100kb
Passport copy requirements
• Accepted formats: pdf, gif, jpg, jpeg.
• Weight: Maximum 500kb
Please note that:
• Space at the session is limited.
• In principle and as per space limitations, one representative per Civil Society Organization will be considered.
• Priority will be given to those CSOs and private sector entities already participating in the ongoing work of the CFS, particularly through the CSM and PSM.